Staying focused during an exam is essential for success. When you’re focused, you’re better able to remember information, think clearly, and answer questions accurately. But it can be difficult to stay focused, especially when you’re feeling nervous or stressed.
Taking an exam can cause massive internal conflict for a candidate, so it is crucial to remain composed and think logically when answering questions. Here are five tips you can use to remain focused when taking your next exam:
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before the exam. When you’re well-rested, you’re better able to concentrate and focus. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep the night before your exam.
- Eat a healthy breakfast on the day of the exam. Avoid sugary cereals and pastries, which can lead to a crash in energy levels later in the morning. Instead, choose a breakfast that is high in protein and complex carbohydrates, such as eggs, oatmeal, or yoghurt.
- Find a quiet place to take the exam. This will help to reduce distractions and allow you to focus on the task at hand. If you’re taking the exam at home, find a room where you are comfortable and won’t be distracted by any other noise.
- Take breaks. It’s important to take breaks during long exams to avoid getting too tired or restless. Make sure to regularly take breaks to reinvigorate yourself.
- Use deep breathing exercises to manage stress. If you start to feel stressed or anxious during the exam, take a few deep breaths to calm yourself down. Focus on your breathing and try to clear your mind of any distractions.
Benefits of an online exam platform
An online examination platform has the potential to lessen a candidate’s worries and doubts about how they are going to perform in an exam.
When choosing an exam, it’s good to see what options are available and whether the possibility of completing it remotely can be done.
When taking an exam online you can remain focused. No peer pressure is applied when completing an exam remotely allowing you to fully focus on what you are answering. Additionally, an online exam can give you better visual or audio assistance, whereas a traditional paper-based exam can be troublesome for some candidates, especially those with special educational needs.
If you would like to learn more about a trusted online examination platform, visit EDExams. The platform provides interchangeable and adjustable layouts that assist SEND candidates. Also, exams can be taken anywhere, even from your own home, supported by EDExams’ live invigilation service.